Thursday, February 22, 2018

A cool day

(Enriching music: Joy and Pain by Rob Base and DJ E Z Rock) 

Life is magnetic: Attract, repel, Yin,Yang, up, down, happy, sad, laugh, cry, quizzical, certain, joy, pain, sunshine, rain, kinetic and potential. 


In short, it is a wonderful roller coaster.

It is like Texas weather. Wait a moment, and it will change.

The other day I wrote about a day without baseball and it was not a cool day. Both days were an analogy. The other day was not cool as today was very cool. On those not cool days, I think about how there are so many that will be wonderful and bottle them in my mind. Thus is the juxtaposition we call life.    

For every negative, there is always a positive under all circumstances. You just have to see it, imbibe it, and know it is there.

Today, my birthday, was one of those. I had many hugs from children, songs, flowers, cards, gifts, and in short, love. I got "glitter bombed". This is a tradition I have with my students. On their birthdays, I surprise them and dump glitter confetti over their heads. Now, when students see glitter on the floor, they just ask: "Whose birthday was it?" They see it in someone's hair and say, "Happy Birthday." Today was mine. I felt much more glitter on the inside. It was light and joyful.

In this vein, I posted an art piece I am just beginning. Do you know what it is?  Of course not. But I do. I see it there. I know the positive beneath the stripes. There's a monkey on it playing cymbals. The cymbals are symbols. Do you fathom its potential?

See the positive potential in everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment